Provide the design, installation and implementation criteria necessary for the training of professionals and technicians who are involved or starting in the processes of design, operation, maintenance and inspection of alarm and fire detection systems.
Aimed at professionals and technicians who are starting out as responsible for the design, installation, operation and maintenance of alarm and fire detection systems.
Among the contents are: Objective of alarm and fire detection systems. Fire chemistry, signatures or entities of the fire.
Classification of systems:
- Local system
- Auxiliary system
- Central Station
- Proprietary system
- Audio system for evacuation and emergency intercom.
- Functions and components of the systems.
- Conventional, targeted and intelligent systems.
Theory of operation of:
- alarm initiating devices, alarm notification devices and auxiliary devices for monitoring and control
- Manual station location criteria
- Selection criteria for detectors or sensors
- Coverage ranges
- Parameters that affect the coverage range of smoke and heat sensors
- Selection criteria and location of alarm notifiers fixed tone and speakers
- Selection criteria and location of visual alarm notifiers for ceiling and wall mounting
- Wiring styles and selection criteria for the type and number of conductors, among others
At the end of the course the participants will be able to:
1. Define the basic principles of operation of fire alarm and detection system systems, based on international standards.
2. Develop the necessary criteria for the design, implementation and inspection of fire alarm and detection systems.
3. Know the technical standards for the correct installation of alarm and fire detection systems.
This course gives those who pass the Final Exam, an WINGS certificate. People who do not pass the exam receive a diploma of attendance. It is possible to take the course again, to repeat the exam and get the certificate.
About the Instructor
Eduardo Eguiluz Navarro is a mechanical and electrical engineer with a specialization in electrical, electronic and telecommunications systems. He has 20 years of experience in the industry, during which he has worked as a Project Manager, Export Manager, Integrated Systems Manager, Regional Sales Manager, among others, for companies such as Grinell Fire Protection Systems (Mexico), Johnson Controls (Mexico), Grinell Fire Protection Systems (Latin America), Honeywell Fire Solutions Group – Notifier Division and Honeywell Fire Solutions Group – System Sensor Division. He also has extensive experience as an international lecturer and instructor of fire systems throughout Latin America.